1. Do you ever just want things to stay the same?
“Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord Your God will be with you wherever you go.
2. Do you think God was fair when Sela was punished for her disobedience?
If you wander to the right or the left, you will hear His voice behind you saying, “Here is the road, follow it.”
To the Lord our God belong compassion and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against Him.
3. Why couldn’t Sela see Joyous after she admitted she was wrong?
“Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do so.
“Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn and you will not be condemned; pardon and you will be pardoned.”
4. How do we know what God is calling us to do?
II Timothy 1:9
Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity.
Any God who knows [all peoples] hearts, gave testimony [to their acceptance] by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us.
5. Is Mara justified in her feelings about Alex’s dad?
“You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself, I am the LORD.”
1 Timothy 5:21
I solemnly urge you, in the presence of God, and Christ Jesus and the elect angels, that you obey these instructions without showing prejudice, or doing anything out of partiality.
6. Do you think Zach should have told the girls about his dad’s mental health issues?
Bear one another’s burdens, and therefore fulfill the law of Christ.
I hope this inspires some dialogue and exploration for my readers!
Yours in Christ