Yep, here we go again. I am back to querying. I realized after I had my manuscript edited for content that I had queried too soon. I had tried to sell a skeleton. Characters that lacked body and a plot that had Swiss cheese holes in it.
I thank Hazel Hart for editing and mentoring me as I re-wrote yet again and came out with a better manuscript. I thought that I would just go ahead and self-publish and try to pitch the book to publishers or agents at conferences and I may still but I have to give traditional one more shot. My query is better, my book is better and I have learned more than I thought possible.
Heroes by Design is an MG/Christian Fiction manuscript. The box is very small. I want it to have the best possible chance to get to my target audience, which is 11 to 13-year-olds. They get their books from school book fairs and libraries or from gatekeepers. Parents or family members who want to encourage healthy reading. Finding a way to reach my audience is a challenge but I want to meet it head-on.
I may self-publish or use a Hybrid publisher in the end but I will give it one last big push for traditional publishing to give me a better chance of reaching more young people who might be influenced by Sela, Emily, and Zach. Persistence, Power, and Praise; their superhero names. Hopefully one or two might just find the Hero in themselves. The Hero that they are each designed to be.